Children under the age of 3 are FREE
Follow us on an incredible back in time journey led by a passionate guide and discover the hidden gems of ancient history. Get to admire one of the greatest Italian Masterpieces, Michelangelo’s Moses and complete this unique experience with food and wine tasting.
Start this tour in the Monti district, one of the most popular and beautiful areas of Rome located near the Colosseum.
Immerse yourself in 2000 years of history & culture upon entering Basilica di San Clemente. This Roman Catholic Church is a three-layered complex of buildings and constitutes a unique piece of architecture. Each layer belongs to different times: the basilica built during the height of the Middle Ages; the 4th-century basilica beneath and finally the underground layer dating back to the Roman times.
Discover the history and details of ancient Rome as you follow your tour leader in the spectacular underground area of this complex, where the tranquil atmosphere pervades this magical place.
A short walking distance from here is the San Pietro in Vincoli which is our next stop where you will get to admire one of the Masterpieces of the 16th century: Michelangelo’s Moses.
This colossal statue is a part of the tomb of Pope Julius II, which he commissioned before his death. Learn more interesting anecdotes and major facts about this incredible artwork from your tour guide.
To finish up the evening, you’re off to experience a food and wine tasting. Learn and enjoy carefully selected range of regional appetizers such as a variety of salami, hams, cheeses, traditional smoked fish and a choice of warm Italian dishes combined with some of the best regional Italian wines.
This Experience is not to be missed!
Availability: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at 3.30 pm
Duration: 4 hours
Meeting point: Basilica of San Clemente, located in Via di San Giovanni in Laterano n.108
Important Information before booking this activity:
- This tour is NOT wheelchair accessible
- We recommended you wear comfortable shoes.
- Dress Code: Please dress appropriately: Sandals, hats and sunglasses are forbidden, knees and shoulders must be covered.
- Free cancellation up 72 hours before the tour starts
- No refund will be granted for late arrivals
- Monti district, one of the most popular and beautiful areas of Rome located near the Colosseum
- Basilica di San Clemente
- San Pietro in Vincoli
- Wine & Food tasting
- All admission tickets & reservation fees
- Guided tour in a small group of a maximum of 14 people
- Professional tour guide
- San Clemente Church Underground Tour
- Visit to the San Pietro in Vincoli Church and Michelangelo's Moses statue
- One of the most well-known Mithraeums
- 1 hour wine and food tasting with a professional sommelier
- Samples of local white and red wines, cheeses & cured meats
- Join a guided tour in a small group of a maximum of 14 people
- Discover the underground area in San Clemente church
- Visit the San Pietro in Vincolo church and Michelangelo's colossal Moses statue
- Enjoy a wine & food tasting with a professional Sommelier
- Sample local white & red accompanied with local cheeses and cured meets
- Private tour options available in English & other languages. For Information contact email@example.com
"Vatican Museum Tour"
We made our way towards the Vatican museum ticket office and luckily bumped into a very nice Spanish guy who suggested this company. Maya tours were absolutely brilliant. Our tour guide was Lebanese and was very knowledgable and funny. He made sure all the 20 people in our tour got the best out of the visit and his explanation of the history behind how the Vatican came to be and Michael Angelo’s Sistine chapel made us appreciate what we were looking at so much more than if we had just bought a ticket. The tour lasted about two and a half hours. Definately recommend this company.
"Worth every cent for Vatican Tour"
Our family of eight visited the Vatican during late December. The lines were hours long and we decided to join a Maya Tour. It was worth the cost in every way: we skipped the horrific lines and learned a great deal from our guide Deborah. The headsets allowed us to hear Deborah while looking somewhat independently during the tour. The tour group was huge — at least fifty, but Deborah was knowledgable and kept the tour interesting and snappy to young and old alike for several hours. Comments directed at a family accused of being gypsy pickpockets were a shock and the accuracy of the accusations is unknown. You might say this set the tone for theft and taking whatever one pleased as we learned about the history of the Vatican. Watch your pockets, indeed!
"Excellent tour of the Collosseum, Palatino and Roman Forum "
We started under a “meteorological bomb” aka lots of rain, but our guide Diego, had so much information and was so full of energy that we stick to it and did not regret it. Booking a tour is 100% worth it as you skipped all the lines, you are given a headphones and can hear the guide perfectly , even if you fall a bit behind or look at other things while listening.
I am 100% convinced that we got much more with being with a guide _ as an historian I usually do the reading myself and/or take the audio guide, but this skipping the line make the extra $ worth.
"Best guided tour that i ever had!"
In a few words, we had the luck to find a guide very passionate about his job. A person with tons of information about cultures, religion, history and arts. His name is Ribal Abighanem. He explained, in detail, every single piece of art or history that we’ve meet along the Vatican tour. It was really a celebration of culture!
Thanks to Gabriel our tour guide we had an amazing experience at the Vatican! Was so helpful, kind with a very good English. Thank you Mayan Tours for this opportunity!!