Children under the age of 6 are FREE
Kick off your Saturday evening in Rome with local insights of the city’s major historical sites. Begin in the famed Piazza del Popolo to witness Bernini’s twin churches and Rome’s second largest Egyptian obelisk. Wander the cobblestone streets towards the iconic Spanish Steps to admire the 138 steps that lead to Santa Trinità dei Monti church. After a remarkable photo op, follow your guide through the winding streets as you make your way towards the Pantheon. Easily one of the most remarkable sites in Rome, this once ancient Roman temple has remained an architectural feat far beyond its’ years, and now houses the tombs of famed artist Raffaello Sanzio, King Vittorio Emanuele II, King Umberto I, and Umberto’s wife Margherita. In fact, the famed Pizza Margherita is actually named after the Queen Margherita, and the green basil, white mozzarella, and red tomatoes are symbolic of the Italian flag. Finally, continue towards the Trevi Fountain to toss in your coin, and witness first hand the monument that was so brilliantly featured in the movie, La Dolce Vita. Cap off the evening at Piazza Navona to learn about Bernini’s magnificent work of art, Quattro Fiumi fountain.
Be sure to ask your guide for local recommendations in the nearby Campo de’ Fiori or Trastevere areas to end your evening with dinner and drinks.
Availability: Friday’s & Saturday’s
Duration: 2.5 hours
Meeting point: Piazza del Popolo, in the middle of the square by the obelisk (Closest Metro “FLAMINIO”, Line A)
- Piazza del Popolo
- Spanish Steps
- Trevi Fountain
- Piazza Navona
- Guided tour through Rome’s historical center
- Walking tour in small groups (max. 10 pax)
- Tips for restaurants and bars for after the tour
- A chance to stroll Rome by night and avoid the daytime crowds
- Unique experience to witness Rome’s incredible fountains in their lit up, evening glory
- Knowledgeable guide to lead you through Rome’s most famous monuments
- Opportunity to uncover Rome in a small group setting
- Local insights and tips from your friendly guide
- Private tour option available in English, Spanish, German, French and Russian. For more Information or/ and inquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
"Private Rome by Night Walking Tour"
We booked this tour through AMA before leaving Canada. We opted for the private tour, just the guide and us. While this does cost more than joining a group tour, it is in my opinion worth every penny, a lot more personalized and the ability to stop and spend time at one particular site or perhaps even by-pass others is entirely up to you without worrying about other people in the group or one person monopolising the guides time. The guide was on-time and easy to find. Our guide was Claudio who took us through the streets of Rome at night. He was extremely knowledgeable and passionate about the history of Rome. He made the tour fun, informative and covered a lot in only a few hours. If you can select your guide, I recommend you ask for Claudio