Follow us on this unique once-in-a-lifetime experience and reveal the secrets of Ancient Rome on a Segway tour, whilst gliding throughout some of the most spectacular places of Imperial Rome.
Meet your guide at the Segway tour office, located in the heart of ancient Rome, by the Roman Forum and learn how to ride a Segway during a quick orientation lesson by your expert guide.
Then, with an intimate small group, you will make your way back in time, to revisit Rome’s ancient ruins and monuments and learn some of the most important historical facts about the Eternal City, filled with enchanting anecdotes, hidden treasures and great legends, whilst also enjoying breathtaking panoramic views over Rome.
During the tour you will be provided with headsets, so you can soak in all of Rome’s visual beauty whilst listening to your guide.
You can now visually relive Rome as a true Roman through the new state of the art virtual glasses, that are provided on the tour and see how one of the most amazing attraction, like the Colosseum once must have looked like.
Get the chance to find out more about Rome’s rich history, discover the ancient Roman Empire as it was from the beginning to its fall, with a population of a million people, stadiums that outsizes any modern stadium today, Roman baths of such great magnitude nothing will rival it in modern times, a social and economic structure that is being echoed in the modern world.
Availability: Daily morning tour at 09.30 am & afternoon tour (June – August) at 04:00 pm; (September – May) at 04:30 pm;
Duration: 3 hours
Meeting point: Via di Sant’Eufemia n°15 (near “Piazza Venezia”)
Important Information before booking this activity:
- Riders must be over 90 pounds (40 kilos) and less than 265 pounds (120 Kilos)
- Riders must be able to easily and quickly step on/off the Segway without assistance which requires physical abilities, similar to climbing
- Must be able to descending stairs without any assistance or use of a handrail
- Riders need to be physically and mentally self-efficient
- The use of the Segway is NOT recommended for pregnant women, visitors over the age of 70 and/or visitors with disabilities
- It is high recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- It is NOT recommended to carry large bags whilst riding the Segway
- Segway policy for children:
- This tour is appropriate for anyone in between the age of 14 – 70, with a minimum height of 145 cm (4,75 ft) and over 40 kilos (90 pounds) of weight.
- Please note that our staff will have the right to decline accepting your child without any obligation of a refund.
-Visits inside the monuments/museums
Free cancellation up 72 hours before the tour starts.
The provider will not cancel a scheduled tour due to bad weather or rain.
In case of heavy rain, the provider might stop the Segway tour and proceed with a walking tour instead.
Customer options on rainy days:
– Check the Weather 72h before tour date, in order to receive a 100% refund.
– Proceed with the tour, hoping for the rain to clear.
- Trajan columns
- Imperial Forums
- Colosseum (outside)
- Arch of Constantine
- Circus Maximus
- Knights of Malta Square
- Orange Trees Garden & panoramic view over Rome
- Santa Maria in Cosmedin
- Mouth of truth (Bocca della verità)
- Wall sculpture
- Roman Forum
- Capitoline Hill
- Segway rental & Liability insurance
- Orientation lesson
- Tour guide
- Virtual Reality Experience at the Colosseum
- Poncho (in case of rain)
- Guided Segway tour through Ancient Rome
- Virtual back in time journey
- Live tour documentary via audio headset
- Intimate setting of a small group of MAX 8 people
- Breathtaking panoramic views over Rome
- Private tour option available in English, Spanish, German, French, Russian, Chinese. For more Information or/ and inquiries please contact us at email@example.com
"Vatican Museum Tour"
We made our way towards the Vatican museum ticket office and luckily bumped into a very nice Spanish guy who suggested this company. Maya tours were absolutely brilliant. Our tour guide was Lebanese and was very knowledgable and funny. He made sure all the 20 people in our tour got the best out of the visit and his explanation of the history behind how the Vatican came to be and Michael Angelo’s Sistine chapel made us appreciate what we were looking at so much more than if we had just bought a ticket. The tour lasted about two and a half hours. Definately recommend this company.
"Worth every cent for Vatican Tour"
Our family of eight visited the Vatican during late December. The lines were hours long and we decided to join a Maya Tour. It was worth the cost in every way: we skipped the horrific lines and learned a great deal from our guide Deborah. The headsets allowed us to hear Deborah while looking somewhat independently during the tour. The tour group was huge — at least fifty, but Deborah was knowledgable and kept the tour interesting and snappy to young and old alike for several hours. Comments directed at a family accused of being gypsy pickpockets were a shock and the accuracy of the accusations is unknown. You might say this set the tone for theft and taking whatever one pleased as we learned about the history of the Vatican. Watch your pockets, indeed!
"Excellent tour of the Collosseum, Palatino and Roman Forum "
We started under a “meteorological bomb” aka lots of rain, but our guide Diego, had so much information and was so full of energy that we stick to it and did not regret it. Booking a tour is 100% worth it as you skipped all the lines, you are given a headphones and can hear the guide perfectly , even if you fall a bit behind or look at other things while listening.
I am 100% convinced that we got much more with being with a guide _ as an historian I usually do the reading myself and/or take the audio guide, but this skipping the line make the extra $ worth.
"Best guided tour that i ever had!"
In a few words, we had the luck to find a guide very passionate about his job. A person with tons of information about cultures, religion, history and arts. His name is Ribal Abighanem. He explained, in detail, every single piece of art or history that we’ve meet along the Vatican tour. It was really a celebration of culture!
Thanks to Gabriel our tour guide we had an amazing experience at the Vatican! Was so helpful, kind with a very good English. Thank you Mayan Tours for this opportunity!!