Uncover Rome’s historical city center on this amazing Segway tour at night and gain local insights of it’ s major historical sites.
This tour starts with a orientation lesson so that you will feel comfortable riding your Segway before starting this fantastic journey.
Glide through the ancient streets of Rome, in company of your expert guide in a small group, and admire the Forum of Trajan, Venice square and the Pantheon, which is easily one of the most remarkable sites of Rome.
Stop by the famous Navona square, with it’s Four Rivers Fountain, and learn about Bernini’s magnificent work of art and then make your way to the marvellous Spanish Steps, bypassing the impressive temple of Hadrian, Rome’s massive parliament building and Colonna square.
Finally continue towards the recently restored Trevi Fountain and witness first hand the monument that was so brilliantly featured in the movie, La Dolce Vita by Federico Fellini.
Make this a life-time-memory to take home!
Availability: Daily at 07.30pm
(June, July, August at 8pm and November to March at 4.30pm)
Duration: 2.5 hours
Meeting point: Via di Sant’Eufemia n°15 (near “Piazza Venezia”)
Visits inside the monuments/museums
Important Information before booking this activity:
- Riders must be over 90 pounds (40 kilos) and less than 265 pounds (120 Kilos)
- Riders must be able to easily and quickly step on/off the Segway without assistance which requires physical abilities, similar to climbing
- Must be able to descending stairs without any assistance or use of a handrail
- Riders need to be physically and mentally self-efficient
- The use of the Segway is NOT recommended for pregnant women, visitors over the age of 70 and/or visitors with disabilities
- It is high recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- It is NOT recommended to carry large bags whilst riding the Segway
- Segway policy for children:
- This tour is appropriate for anyone in between the age of 14 – 70, with a minimum height of 145 cm (4,75 ft) and over 40 kilos (90 pounds) of weight.
- Please note that our staff will have the right to decline accepting your child without any obligation of a refund.
- Venice Square
- Navona Square
- Spanish Steps
- Trevi Fountain
- Forum of Traiano
- Temple of Hadrian
- Segway rental & Liability insurance
- Orientation lesson
- Expert Tour Leader
- Ponchos (in case of rain)
- Guided Segway tour through the heart of the Eternal City Center
- Live tour documentary via audio headset
- Intimate setting of a small group of MAX 8 people
- Visits of the main attractions and places of Rome
- Private tour option available in English, Spanish, German, French, Russian, Chinese. For more Information or/ and inquiries please contact us at email@example.com
"Vatican Museum Tour"
We made our way towards the Vatican museum ticket office and luckily bumped into a very nice Spanish guy who suggested this company. Maya tours were absolutely brilliant. Our tour guide was Lebanese and was very knowledgable and funny. He made sure all the 20 people in our tour got the best out of the visit and his explanation of the history behind how the Vatican came to be and Michael Angelo’s Sistine chapel made us appreciate what we were looking at so much more than if we had just bought a ticket. The tour lasted about two and a half hours. Definately recommend this company.
"Worth every cent for Vatican Tour"
Our family of eight visited the Vatican during late December. The lines were hours long and we decided to join a Maya Tour. It was worth the cost in every way: we skipped the horrific lines and learned a great deal from our guide Deborah. The headsets allowed us to hear Deborah while looking somewhat independently during the tour. The tour group was huge — at least fifty, but Deborah was knowledgable and kept the tour interesting and snappy to young and old alike for several hours. Comments directed at a family accused of being gypsy pickpockets were a shock and the accuracy of the accusations is unknown. You might say this set the tone for theft and taking whatever one pleased as we learned about the history of the Vatican. Watch your pockets, indeed!
"Excellent tour of the Collosseum, Palatino and Roman Forum "
We started under a “meteorological bomb” aka lots of rain, but our guide Diego, had so much information and was so full of energy that we stick to it and did not regret it. Booking a tour is 100% worth it as you skipped all the lines, you are given a headphones and can hear the guide perfectly , even if you fall a bit behind or look at other things while listening.
I am 100% convinced that we got much more with being with a guide _ as an historian I usually do the reading myself and/or take the audio guide, but this skipping the line make the extra $ worth.
"Best guided tour that i ever had!"
In a few words, we had the luck to find a guide very passionate about his job. A person with tons of information about cultures, religion, history and arts. His name is Ribal Abighanem. He explained, in detail, every single piece of art or history that we’ve meet along the Vatican tour. It was really a celebration of culture!
Thanks to Gabriel our tour guide we had an amazing experience at the Vatican! Was so helpful, kind with a very good English. Thank you Mayan Tours for this opportunity!!